Interior Bit Key Mortise Lock
This small body mortise lock features a bit key to serve an aesthetically historical appeal and operation. The 9824 features increased vertical spacing to accommodate the use of larger trim and more space between the knob and key. It is commonly used on interior doors or special openings that may require smaller locks and trim. Available in privacy or passage functions to pair with a variety of lever, knob, escutcheon or rose trim styles.
- Standard backsets: 2", 2-1/2", 2-3/4".
- For door stiles 3-3/4" wide and up.
- Heavy gauge steel case.
- Brass, bronze, or stainless steel armor front. Adjustable bevel.
- Brass or stainless steel latch bolt. 7/16" throw.
- Hubs available in different sizes to be compatible with various trims.
- Keyed alike. Limited custom keying available upon request.
- Brass, stainless steel or US10B dust box.
Click on a swatch below to get a closer look
Satin Brass + No Lacquer
Satin Stainless Steel
Polished Brass + No Lacquer
Bright Stainless Steel
Oil Rubbed Bronze
Oxidized Black + Lacquer
Oxidized Black Less Lines + Lacquer
Satin Brass + Black
Protective Ceramic Coating
How to Specify
Function. Backset. Trim. Finish. Hand. Door Thickness.
Bit Key Mortise Lock | Stamford Lever | Traditional Escutcheon
E.g.: 9824. 212. 6S/9T-K. US10B. RH. 134
Bit Key Mortise Lock | Other Manufacturers' Trim
E.g.: 9824. 212. LxL.8mm. US14. RH. 134
Bit Key Mortise Lock | Colonial Knob | Ovalo Escutcheon
E.g.: 9824. 212. 6C/9O-K. US10B. LH. 134
- All standard Bit Key Mortise Locks include standard strikes for 1-3/4” thick doors.
- Each lock is furnished standard with one bit key, additional keys sold separately (specify 9-BK).